Fidanza flywheels are manufactured from the highest quality 6061-T6 billet aluminum. They feature excellent heat dissipation and weight reduction. The replaceable friction surface is constructed from 1045 steel and attached with military-grade aerospace fasteners. Fidanza billet aluminum flywheels also feature a 1050 heat-treated steel ring gear that's pressed on and secured with Grade 8 button screws. They also use a stepped dowel system, so that when they're installed they are locked into place. No chromoly can compete with the awesome serviceability, strength, and superior design of the Fidanza billet aluminum flywheels.
- MAIN BODY - 6061 T6 ALUMINUM Tolerances machined to +/- .001 6061 T6 has an ultimate tensile strength of at least 42,000 psi and a yield strength of at least 35,000 psi.
- RING GEAR - 1050 STEEL / HEAT TREATED Heat treated for durability. The gears are heated then pressed on and secured with grade 8 button screws.
- REPLACEABLE FRICTION PLATE - 1045 STEEL The friction surface we use is an incredibly strong 1045 steel. The plates are milled to meet our high specifications. With these replaceable plates there is no need to replace the entire flywheel when the clutch or flywheel is at the end of it’s life, saving time and money.
- BUTTON SCREWS - GRADE 8 Increased security helping fasten the ring gear to the flywheel.
- FASTENERS - MILITARY SPEC Military grade aerospace fasteners aid in pulling heat away from the clutch face. Properly spaced for form and function.
- STEPPED DOWELS - STEEL Once pressure plate is installed they become locked in place. First in the industry to implement the use of stepped dowels.
Application: 1992-1995 Porsche 968 3.0L