With a two-piece design and a black Alumalite™ centre hat, DBA's 5000 Series T3 2-Piece Rotors are designed for extreme stopping power on the road and on the track and complement the looks of your 2004-2016 STi / 2017 BRZ w/Perf. Pkg. As with every DBA rotor, the 5000 Series Rotor bolts right onto the vehicle with no mechanical changes needed.
DBA's mid-series, enhanced-performance, slotted rotor features Thermal Stability Profiling (TSP) for improved heat handling and Thermo-Graphic paint markings for effective heat monitoring.
TSP is a proprietary process specifically developed by DBA for improving the performance of disc brake rotors.
- Improved fatigue resistance to minimize surface cracking
- Reduced rotor fatigue during prolonged heavy braking
- Quick replacement, minimal "bedding-in" of rotors
"Kangaroo Paw" is a patented, high-tech disc rotor ventilation system designed and manufactured in Australia by Disc Brakes Australia and available on rotors for select applications. "Kangaroo Paw" technology delivers significantly improved braking performance. Even under extreme braking conditions. Kangaroo Paw rotor designs run cooler, are stronger, and outperform traditional straight-vane disc rotors.
The "Kangaroo Paw" design features a series of 144 diamond- and tear drop-shaped pillars and columns individually spaced between the rotor faces.
This system provides two key advantages.
First, is the ability to cool the rotor faster than ever before. As the disc rotor rotates, aerodynamic turbulence around the individual pillars and columns is generated, increasing the force of hot air out from within the internal areas of the rotor.
Second is increased dimensional stability across the disc rotor directly achieved by the individually spaced pillars and columns.
These advantages increase the disc rotor's efficiency by as much as 20% when compared to conventional rotor designs. A 20% increase in disc rotor efficiency directly translates to reduced brake operating temperatures, brake fade, disc rotor stresses, disc thickness variation, run-out and shudder.
The 5000 Series T3 2-Piece Rotor's Tri-Symmetrical design dampens the vibration noise while providing a quieter, more responsive and smoother brake pedal feel. Along with an increased number of out-gassing exit points for brake pad friction gasses to escape, T3 Rotors offer enhanced consistency and effectiveness with every stop. Manufactured to QS-9000 quality standards using premium grade materials with XG-150 high carbon alloyed iron and dense metal matrix, the rotors are designed to provide long wear and safe, consistent stopping power by responding to the TSP process that stabilizes the micro-structure of the rotor.
All 5000 Series T3 2-Piece Rotor's feature an Alumalite™ center hat designed using 061-T6 aircraft aluminum material. This lightweight hat reduces the unsprung weight while minimizing the heat transfer to the vehicle's center wheel hubs.
- Unidirectional slotting (left and right) increases pad bite, reduces fade and delivers exceptional braking performance.
- Slots continually de-glaze the brake pads improving efficiency and reducing rotor scoring.
- Slots even out wear across the brake pad faces, increasing the effective contact area and extending rotor life.
- Slots help dissipate water when driving in poor weather, as well as pump away dust and dirt.
- Slotting also combats "out-gassing," where gas (from the pad bonding agents) can form a cushion between pad and rotor, greatly reducing braking power.
DBA rotors are chosen as Original Equipment on many vehicles.
Application: 2004-2016 STi / 2017 BRZ w/Perf. Pkg