Drag Radial Tread Compound
- Maximizes grip at launch.
Dual-Purpose Asymmetric Tread Design
- Optimizes performance for track and street use with two distinct tread areas.
Semi-Slick Inner Area
- Improves traction on independent rear suspension vehicles, while maintaining consistent grip on straight axle rear suspension vehicles.
Variable Pitch Outer Area
- Reduces pattern noise when on the street.
Drag-Race Construction With Special Drag-Race Radial Carcass
- Helps tire maintain a large, consistent contact patch for increased traction throughout a drag run.
Setup & care
Toyo Tires recommends the following general setup guidelines for the Proxes TQ:
- Minimum Inflation Pressure for the Track: 15 psi
- Recommended Inflation Pressure: Start with a cold tire inflation pressure of 17 psi. Adjust the tire inflation pressure up or down in 1-psi increments to achieve the desired results. Use as much pressure as possible for track conditions without causing the tire to slip. Higher inflation pressures will improve reaction time, stability, and rolling resistance.